New York City has some of the world’s finest dance makers. The same can be said about Broadway and the world’s best musical theatre. I started this blog to help myself remember the many amazing dancers, incredible choreographies, and wonderful shows that I’ve had the opportunity to experience.
Explore some of my favorite dances, ballets, musicals and plays.
Or check out my latest posts below.
- June 4, 2020Growing up, I was always told: "Run from the police!" I'm not black. I didn't grow up in the US. However, the message is the same anywhere in the world. The police does not protect you. The police protects the system.
- June 2, 2020The Show Must Be Paused
- March 30, 2020The coronavirus can't stop the New York Dance Lab (virtual) Gala tonight. Cheers to an amazing organization that celebrates, promotes, and cultivates the art of choreography.
- March 2, 2020Wow!!! What a show! Amazing storytelling. Spectacular choreographies. Wonderful singing. Stunning costumes.
- February 23, 2020The story feels even more relevant today than when I first read the book in high school.
- December 4, 2019Have a great opening night tomorrow, Jagged Little Pill!
- October 31, 2019Don't miss Paul Taylor Dance at the Lincoln Center until November 17. Three wonderful performances this evening!
- October 30, 2019I'm super excited about the start of the Paul Taylor season. Tonight's gala performance features guest artists, Michael Trusnovec and Misty Copeland, and guest choreography by Kyle Abraham.
- October 26, 2019I missed the Broadway revival of Falsettos three years ago, and am super glad to see the show tonight in the West End, where much of the audience left the theater in tears.
- October 25, 2019Catching this awesome show at the Arts Theatre, where it's first professionally staged.
- October 10, 2019Four solid performances tonight. "Beach Birds" by CNDC Angers is perhaps my favorite Merce Cunningham choreography so far.
- October 5, 2019My favorite tonight goes to “Dare to Wreck” by Madeleine Månsson and Peder Nilsson of Skånes Dansteater, for some of the most amazing partnering that I’ve ever seen.
- October 3, 2019Malevo owned the stage tonight with their tapping/clogging, drumming, precision footwork, lighting, sound, and so much more.
- October 2, 2019Caleb Teicher and Company with Chris Celiz owned the stage tonight, with their tap dancing and beatboxing collaboration.
- September 18, 2019Good comedy, but the empty attempt to recast the story as advocating for gender equity failed miserably.
- September 8, 2019Re-watching this amazing musical on the eve of the 18th anniversary of 9/11. Still so touching. Still made me cry. Still made me laugh at the stupid Newfoundland jokes. Still one of my all-time favorite musical.
- September 7, 2019Had a wonderful evening at Cultivated Chaos, a full-length show created and produced by Julia Kane, to benefit the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
- August 31, 2019The format of the show felt more like a book reading rather than a stage performance.
- August 21, 2019Go see #DateMe!!! Laughed non-stop and had the most wonderful time as we searched for love.
- August 17, 2019Great show by Anna Perales and the rest of the Blueprint cast.