I moved to New York City in 2015, to be part of the dance capital of the world. On most days, you will find me dancing, attending a dance performance, or both.
I am currently a jazz and contemporary lyrical dancer. Previously in California, I learnt vintage social dance at Stanford University and was a member of the Academy of Danse Libre and Decadance. Check out my dance page for more information.
I am also a dance photographer specialized in live performances. On my photography page, you will find my work covering a wide variety of dance forms including ballet, modern, contemporary, vintage, social dance, and theatre, as well as my more recent activities in New York City.
I started a dance and theatre blog in May 2017 to help myself remember the many wonderful artists and amazing performances that I’ve had the opportunity to experience. Check out my guide to discover dance or browse through my dance and theatre blog.
Welcome and enjoy your visit!
My Latest Posts
- April 28, 2019Still hilarious, raw, rude, upbeat, funny, and sooooo special after so many years. Go see this wonderful production!!
- April 28, 2019Bravos Sof, Sam, Mica, and Sadie for a great performance! Congrats also to Cristal and Julia for presenting your work. RIP, Kavin Grant.
- April 27, 2019Wonderful performance tonight. What a talented group of young dancers.
- April 20, 2019Finding unexpected relationships and structure in randomness.
- April 19, 2019The Broadway Dance Center Student Showcase is less than a month away. I'm super excited to be dancing with Michelle Barber again.
- April 18, 2019Had a great time tonight. Loved Nick Palmquist's "Love on the Brain" and seeing his movement vocabulary applied to a full story.
- April 14, 2019Love this wonderful off-Broadway play about the power of self determination and self empowerment.
- April 14, 2019Had a great time this afternoon. My favorites go to Deo and Hérodiade.
- April 8, 2019Beetlejuice was spectacular!!! The show started with a bang and did not slow down for a single moment.
- April 7, 2019The 2,507th and final performance of Kinky Boots on Broadway. Absolutely incredible energy in the house.
Contact Info and Credits
The best way to contact me is by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For topics outside of dance and theatre, check out my computer science research, my forthcoming HCI+AI blog, or my forthcoming New York City journal. My penguin publishes a food and travel blog on my behalf. This site continues my previous California photo journal.
Header image of me dancing on 7th Avenue is taken by Arin Sang-urai.