I moved to New York City in 2015, to be part of the dance capital of the world. On most days, you will find me dancing, attending a dance performance, or both.
I am currently a jazz and contemporary lyrical dancer. Previously in California, I learnt vintage social dance at Stanford University and was a member of the Academy of Danse Libre and Decadance. Check out my dance page for more information.
I am also a dance photographer specialized in live performances. On my photography page, you will find my work covering a wide variety of dance forms including ballet, modern, contemporary, vintage, social dance, and theatre, as well as my more recent activities in New York City.
I started a dance and theatre blog in May 2017 to help myself remember the many wonderful artists and amazing performances that I’ve had the opportunity to experience. Check out my latest posts below, or browse through my dance and theatre blog.
Welcome and enjoy your visit!
My Latest Posts
- August 14, 2019Another favorite musical of mine. I'll be so sad to see it close in October, and naturally have to watch it again.
- August 11, 2019Seven years in the making, and a momentary goodbye to this favorite show of mine. Thank you, the Prom, for bringing the show to us. All the best on your next adventures!
- August 10, 2019Studio showing by the 14 choreographers in this year's summer intensive. The showcase is as much about the process of choreography as it is about the final presentation. After each piece, the choreographers received feedback, and we -- the audience -- get to see how they refine, experiment with, and iterate on a piece of choreography.
- August 9, 2019World premier of the Parisa Khobdeh Dance Company. Glad to see where our beloved Paul Tayler dancers are applying their talents, skills, and experiences.
- August 4, 2019Had to go back and see this show again. Such beautiful dancing! Also, I think Freddie is actually my favorite character!!!
- July 25, 2019Go see this wonderful dance play, at the Joyce Theater through Sunday, August 4th.
- July 17, 2019Still absolutely in love with this musical. The show has gotten more amazing since Boston, with the current cast and incredible dancers.
- July 13, 2019Messy and big personalities. I'm also lucky to be in one of the few theaters east of Broadway, and unaffected by the blackout tonight.
- June 8, 2019As usual, the Paul Tayler dancers filled the stage with artistry and energy. If anything, the stage at the Manhattan School of Music seemed barely large enough for the exuberance of Paul Taylor choreographies.
- May 31, 2019What an exhilarating experience dancing with Nick Palmquist. Thank you for teaching us how to fly… for encouraging us to be ourselves, to embrace our own differences, to feel vulnerable in our dancing… and that it’s OK being exactly ourselves because we all have a place in this world.
Contact Info and Credits
The best way to contact me is by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For topics outside of dance and theatre, check out my computer science research, my forthcoming HCI+AI blog, or my forthcoming New York City journal. My penguin publishes a food and travel blog on my behalf. This site continues my previous California dance photo journal.
Header image of me dancing on 7th Avenue is taken by Arin Sang-urai.